Hello and Welcome to the Mom's and Adoption Blog!

Everyone is welcome here. It is an open format to discuss your feelings without judgment. If you have come to judge or say something unkind to adoptive parents, please leave now (yes, I said everyone was welcome, with one exception, however). Thank you.

Otherwise, thank you so much for coming! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your comments and feedback. I started this blog to help other adoptive parents not to feel as isolated and alone in their feelings, as I did for so many years. With this blog, I hope to bring together the adoptive community as one. This is so we do not feel so alone and judged as we so many times do; even from ourselves. Please stay, relax and enjoy yourself. If at any time you feel judged, please let me know. Again thank you for coming.

How did you hear about this blog?

Family First

Family First
We love each other!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Name Change

Okay, change of heart...
I have decided to state the names of my children. For one, I will probably slip at one point soon as I am typing anyways. Two, I realize, if someone wants to, they can find out easy enough. So, it is my job as a parent to keep them safe and stating their names probably won't change anything...
If you are a Christian, please pray I am not making a mistake.
Isabella is our oldest and adopted daughter at 13-years-old.
Ava is our next oldest and just turned 5.
Kenzington is next, but we call her Diti, so that is how I will refer to her from now on. She is 3.
Alexis is the baby. She is 2. We call her Lexi or Lexilee, so you will see me call her one of the two from now on.

I have a lot of trust issues with my children because when I was a child I was sexually assaulted and molested by 3 different men (all different situations). So, now that I have 4 girls, there is an unimaginable burden I feel to keep them safe. We have NEVER used a babysitter with them, except Grandma, Grandpa or Aunt. I know there are more people like me out there because I have met them. I know I have to trust people, and I am learning. We did recently interview a babysitter that I liked, but we just haven't had an occassion to need her yet. Is it me just stalling? Maybe...
So, that's that. There are my angels real name's.
Are there any other mom's out there that are as scared as I am? It's hard to let the most precious things to us go! But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I thank God every night for giving me such precious gifts!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment